Title/Position: Casual Support Staff
The Casual Support staff will work with the Early Childhood and Youth Educators to provide quality programs for children, parents/caregivers who are participants of CHANCES Family Centre. The Casual Support Staff plays a very significant role in the day to day functioning of CHANCES Family Centre. They develop positive relationships with the children and their families and participate as members of the Early Childhood and Early Learning Teams as well as the broader staffing unit of CHANCES Family Centre.
How to apply
Please email your resume to Nicolle Hogan – firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to CHANCES Main office.
Title/Position: Manager of Finance and Administration
Manager of Finance & Administration
The Manager of Finance & Administration is responsible for the overall financial management and Human Resource management of the CHANCES organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director the key responsibility areas include policy development, strategic planning, budgeting, human resource management, project management, overseeing all accounting functions and processes.
- Overseeing all accounting functions, system controls and human resource information;
- Overseeing accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounts payable;
- Completing account reconciliations and analyses in a timely manner;
- Overseeing all accounting functions required to support Child Alliance and the numbered company supporting the work in China;
- Preparing annual financial operating budgets and quarterly/annual reports for funding partners;
- Completing timely and accurate monthly internal financial statements including analyzing monthly operating results against budgets and managing cash flows;
- Preparing quarterly financial statements including projections for the remainder of the year and presenting to the board of directors;
- Completing the annual GST return;
- Coordinating the organization’s annual financial audit and tax filings including preparing all the required calculations, analysis and reconciliations and providing draft financial statements including disclosures to the auditors;
- Financial Management / Administration
- Assisting in the management of donor relations;
- Analyzing financial processes and proposing changes where there are inefficiencies or challenges;
- Overseeing the yearly negotiation of health care premiums;
- Involved in the negotiation and signing of all contracts and agreements of the organization (ie. Mortgages, insurances, funding agreements, rent agreements etc. )
- Involved in the overall strategic planning and development for all programs of the organization;
- Providing project management services for the organization including planning, implementation, and review:
- Assisting with and providing financial projections and support to special projects, potential new program areas;
- Assessing and minimising risk with respect to the overall financial management of the organization.
- Being one of the six signing authorities of the organization which means signing the majority of cheques that are written, contracts that are entered into an all offer letters;
- Support for board meetings and staff training;
- Human Resource Management
- Coordinate the update, review and implementation of Human Resource policies including the Employee Handbook.
- Present recommendations regarding any policy changes to the Board of Directors;
- Overseeing the human resource function including creating and managing all HR files;
- Ensuring mandatory HR documents are signed off andor submitted by all staff including letters of offer, criminal record checks etc;
- Ensuring that all employees are adhering to the organizations’ HR guidelines and policies;
- Monitoring and approving Coordinating Team time sheets, vacation time, and overtime.
- Staff Supervision and Support
- To provide direct supervision and support to the Administrative team including orientation, support, and conducting annual performance reviews;
- To ensure that all human resource policies outlined in the CHANCES Employee Handbook are followed;
- To build a strength based and supportive supervisory relationship with staff for whom the Manager has responsibility;
- To Identify training needs of the staff for whom you are responsible and seek training opportunities to meet staff needs;
- Coordinating Team
- To participate as a contributing and effective member of the Coordinating Team, which is a senior management team, ensuring overall development and coordination of all programs, ensuring that they contribute to the mission and vision for CHANCES;
- To contribute to a healthy work environment by utilizing a positive, strength based team approach that respects and supports the organizational culture.
- To participate as required as a member of internal sub-committees that support co-workers and the overall work of CHANCES.
- Sub Committees of the Board of Directors
- Participate as an active member of the Finance and Personnel Sub-Committees and support the committee fulfilling its responsibilities as set out in it’s terms of reference;
- Support the work of the Research Sub Committee as required;
- Assisting in the maintenance of the CHANCES website;
- Purchasing new technological equipment for the organization (i.e cameras and computers)
- Other work related duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
How to apply
Applications can be emailed to Melody vanOmme, CHANCES Office Manager at email@example.com