Title/Position: Casual Support Staff
The Casual Support staff will work with the Early Childhood and Youth Educators to provide quality programs for children, parents/caregivers who are participants of CHANCES Family Centre. The Casual Support Staff plays a very significant role in the day to day functioning of CHANCES Family Centre. They develop positive relationships with the children and their families and participate as members of the Early Childhood and Early Learning Teams as well as the broader staffing unit of CHANCES Family Centre.
How to apply
Please email your resume to Dawn MacLeod or send it to CHANCES Main office.
Title/Position: Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
The Chief Financial & Administrative Officer is responsible for the overall financial, human resource management and technology support for the CHANCES organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director the key responsibility areas include policy development, strategic planning, budgeting, human resource management, project management, overseeing all accounting functions and processes as well as providing oversight and support for all technology utilized by CHANCES.
• Overseeing all accounting functions, system controls and human resource information;
• Overseeing accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounts payable;
• Completing account reconciliations and analyses in a timely manner;
• Preparing annual financial operating budgets and quarterly/annual reports for funding partners;
• Completing timely and accurate monthly internal financial statements including analyzing monthly operating results against budgets and managing cash flows;
• Preparing quarterly financial statements including projections for the remainder of the year and presenting to the Treasurer of the board of directors;
• Completing the semi-annual GST return;
• Coordinating the organization’s annual financial audit and tax filings including preparing all the required calculations, analysis and reconciliations and providing draft financial statements including disclosures to the auditors.
2. Financial Management / Administration
• Assisting in the management of donor relations;
• Identifying and making recommendations related to appropriate federal andor provincial funding opportunities;
• Analyzing financial processes and proposing changes where there are inefficiencies or challenges;
• Overseeing the yearly negotiation of health care premiums;
• Once approved by the Board of Directors or Executive Director as required, to be involved in signing and oversight for contracts and agreements for the organization
• Involved in the overall strategic planning and development for all programs of the organization;
• Providing project management services for the organization including planning, implementation, and review:
• Assisting with and providing financial projections and support to special projects, potential new program areas;
• Assessing and minimizing risk with respect to the overall financial management of the organization;
• Being one of the six signing authorities of the organization;
• Support for board meetings and staff training.
3. Human Resource Management
• Coordinate the update, review and implementation of Human Resource policies including the Employee Handbook.
• Present recommendations regarding any policy changes to the Board of Directors;
• Overseeing the human resource function including creating and managing all HR files;
• Participate in discussions related to significant human resource related issues as required;
• Ensure that CHANCES HR policies, and any operational decisions related to HR policies are in compliance with provincial andor federal government employment standards and regulations;
• Ensuring mandatory HR documents are signed off and/or submitted by all staff including letters of offer, criminal record checks etc;
• Ensuring that all employees are adhering to the organizations’ HR guidelines and policies;
• Monitoring and approving Coordinating Team time sheets, vacation time, and overtime.
4. Staff Supervision and Support
• To provide direct supervision and support to the Administrative team including orientation, support, and conducting annual performance reviews;
• To ensure that all human resource policies outlined in the CHANCES Employee Handbook are followed;
• To build a strength based and supportive supervisory relationship with staff for whom you have responsibility;
• To Identify training needs of the staff for whom you are responsible and seek training opportunities to meet staff needs;
• Provide leadership and support in the planning & costing of all staff training events.
5. Coordinating Team
• To participate as a contributing and effective member of the Coordinating Team, which is a senior management team, ensuring overall development and coordination of all programs, ensuring that they contribute to the mission and vision for CHANCES;
• To contribute to a healthy work environment by utilizing a positive, strength based team approach that respects and supports the organizational culture;
• To participate as required as a member of internal sub-committees that support co-workers and the overall work of CHANCES.
6. Sub Committees of the Board of Directors
• Participate as an active member of the Finance and Human Resource Sub-Committees and support the committee fulfilling its responsibilities as set out in it’s terms of reference;
• Support the work of additional Sub Committees as required, including research.
• Providing oversight and support for all technology utilized by CHANCES, including assisting in the maintenance of the CHANCES website, email system, payroll system, etc;
• Once approved by the Executive Director, to purchase any new technological equipment required to support the organization.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence by 4:00 pm on Friday, February 26, 2021 to:
By Email: email@example.com
By Fax: (902) 892-3351
C/O Melody vanOmme
77 Upper Prince St
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4S6