Community Kitchen Recipes
Black Bean Chocolate Torte
2 cups 500 ml Black beans, drained, rinsed
4 large Eggs
¾ cup 175 ml Cocoa
½ tsp 2 ml Baking powder
1 ½ cups 375 ml Sugar
1 tsp 5ml Vanilla
2tbsp 30 ml Water
1 cup 250 ml Raspberries , fresh or frozen
¼ cup 60 ml Sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Grease a 9” spring form pan and set aside.
- Puree beans using a food processor until beans start to form a paste.
- Add eggs and mix for 3-5 min. until smooth.
- Spread batter in spring form pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Add water, raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat stirring often until thickened.
- Serve torte with a drizzle of raspberry sauce. Alternatively, may be in mini muffin tins .