About the Program
This program will provide your child with opportunities for positive emotional, physical and intellectual experiences that will promote his or her overall growth. The program makes effective use of before and after school time where children can benefit from social interaction and play.
The Program Offers
- Daily fun and creative activities that include physical exercise, outdoor play, music, arts and positive social interactions with other children that will allow your child to learn through play.
- Certified Youth Educators who develop and implement creative programming on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of your child.
- Nutritious snack enhances the overall experience for your child.
- Before and after school care: $70 per week
- After-school care only: $65 per week
- Fees for full day care (professional development days and storm closures 12 pm or later): $22 per day
- March Break and Summer Programming: $25 per day
- Fees for ½ daycare (storm closures before noon): $17 per day
How to Register
Be sure to keep your account active by logging in at least once a month to confirm you are still looking for a spot.
If a space becomes available for your child, a member of the CHANCES team will contact you.
Please Note: The Provincial registry is the only way to obtain a space for your child at CHANCES – please do not contact the centres directly inquiring about a space for your child.
Shawna Clark, Program Administrator
Phone: (902) 892-8744
“They even have something like a parent-teacher interview, and they would bring up blind spots that my husband and I were not aware of. They are not only teaching the children but teaching the parents.”
“The communication is definitely there. It is such a team feeling. I had my older son at two different places, and it wasn’t the same feeling of working together, which is very helpful. They are not taking all the responsibility and leaving me aside or vice versa. There is knowledge in research and they are up to date. They are interested in new research and are flexible and open.”
CHANCES (Caring, Helping, And Nurturing, Children Every Step) is a non-profit, charitable organization that exists to provide a range of child development and parent support services to children from 0-11 years and their families, particularly those experiencing additional life challenges.
In the provision of a range of comprehensive programs and services, CHANCES receives funding through the Public Health Agency of Canada, the province of Prince Edward Island, and private donations.
In addition, CHANCES offers self-sustaining programs on a fee for service basis for families.